If you’re in New York…
- Head to Staten Island to volunteer if you’re off work or can spare some time.
- Give blood - supply is down and there’s a critical need for blood donations in the tri-state.
- Donate supplies – there are still many in desperate need of food and clothes to keep warm.
- The Board of Elections needs volunteers in all five boroughs on election day. If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.619.7793.
- Support local business downtown! Eat at your neighborhood restaurants, tip your cabbies extra, do some shopping. More ways to help restaurants over at TimeOut.
- Check out more opportunities to volunteer and donate through NYC Service.
If you’re not in the area…
- Donate to the Red Cross: make an automatic $10 donation by texting REDCROSS to 90999 or go to their website.
- Donate to the Salvation Army: make an automatic $10 donation by texting STORM to 80888 or go to their website.
- Make a donation to the Mayor’s Fund to help with immediate relief efforts.
- Shop! Artist Sebastian Errazuriz designed this t-shirt and 100% of the proceeds are going to Hurricane relief programs.