1. What have you recently been inspired by that will find its way into your next collection?
We went on a family vacation to Bora Bora and I was sending tons of inspirational images to the girls. The colors were unimaginable. The ocean floor, fish, and scenery-they were like nothing I have ever seen before.
2. What has been your proudest moment as a designer?
My proudest moments are when I help someone who normally has a hard time finding clothes that she feels good in. My goal was to make this line inclusive to women with all different bodies, and when I see her happy-it makes me happy.
3. How do you go about designing the prints in your collection?
Half of our prints are based off of vintage prints, and half are original fantasies created in our office. We start off with color and work our way into a print. And sometimes it’s the reverse.
4. What is your favorite summer vacation destination?
So many! My family and I always spend a good chunk of time at our home in East Hampton. We also go to Cape Cod for about 10 days, and usually a visit to my husband’s family in Stockholm. This summer we are throwing Montana, Corsica, and Sardinia into the mix.
5. If you could give advice to aspiring designers, what would it be?
Make sure you have something new to say. And although the creative is important, so is the business end. You need a good balance of the two.
6. Name the 3 items from your wardrobe that are your favorite:
1. Every season my go to dress shape is a fitted bodice with a full skirt.
2. My Jennifer Meyer ‘Sienna’ necklace.
3. Our new bandeau swimsuits!