We have a lot of events to celebrate here at Rent the Runway. Whether it’s the launch of a new designer, a coworker’s engagement, a new product release, or the “graduation” of a new Stylist class, cupcakes are always the go-to. From mini nibbles to mega cakes, we’ve had our fair share of these sweet treats…so, as an expert in the field, here are my top 5 picks:
1. Baked by Melissa – Don’t be fooled by these mini cakes – these tiny treats are full of flavor. With flavors like PB&J, Tie-Dye, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes, it’s impossible to pick just one.
2. Molly’s Cupcakes – This cute little café sits in the heart of the West Village and allows you create your own cupcake. You pick the cake flavor, any goodie-filled center, and top it off with your favorite frosting. Our personal favorite: Chocolate cake and chocolate frosting with a raspberry filling
3. Billy’s - Similar to Sex and the City’s famed Magnolia Bakery but with shorter lines and fewer tourists, Billy’s is a go to for many New Yorkers. With locations in Chelsea and TriBeca, their cafes are similar to their cupcakes: old fashioned and charming.
4. Georgetown Cupcakes – It’s like Christmas morning in our office when someone gets a delivery from this bakery, so you can imagine our excitement when they opened a new shop just a few blocks away in Soho! With mouthwatering flavors like Peanut Butter Fudge, Key Lime, and Cookies & Crème, I have a feeling we’ll be doing a lot more “shopping” in the area
5. Butter Lane – Unlike many of its competitors, this East Village bakery sticks to the cupcake basics. They’ve mastered the perfect combination of delicious cake and creamy frosting that is sure to satisfy even the most decadent of sweet teeth.
– Emily M., RTR Stylist