1) Tell me about the David Meister Spring collection.
Bright color is always important for Spring. Orange and Green look fresh. I also have done a lot of soft drapey liquid looks in beautiful metallic glazed jerseys. As always, knit and stretch – my signature – are essential.
2) What is something you dream of achieving but haven’t yet?
Global domination. Only kidding… I love what I do and want to continue to grow the David Meister brand and lifestyle. Also I dream of one day being able to do the splits again…I’m not holding my breath.
3) How would you describe your own style?
My personal style is simple, edgy and a touch of refined rocker. I wear black, grey, and white. Navy and khaki are colors for me.
4) What is your favorite fashion trend right now?
I love all of the great lace looks we are starting to see for Fall 2012. Also I am thrilled the platform is starting to go away…it is so tired.
5) What was your proudest moment as a designer?
There are a couple:
First, building and growing a successful fashion business that is 13 years old.
Opening my showroom in New York’s 550 Seventh Avenue – one of the most prestigious buildings in NYC.
6) If you could give advice to aspiring designers, what would it be?
Work hard. Never give up on your dreams. Never take no for an answer.
7) If you could pick one celebrity to dress who would it be?
Angelina Jolie. I think she is stunning and wears clothes beautifully. There is another…Jane Fonda. She is hot and is proof age has nothing to do with it.