At Cheree Berry Paper, our passion lies in helping couples create a personalized wedding stationery suite that feels like their own and stands out from the run-of-the-mill wedding invitations. These are our top five tips to figure out how to interject your personalities into your wedding paper and create a fun and unique set of wedding stationery.
5 Fun Ways to Incorporate your Style into your Wedding Stationery
1. Hidden details! We love incorporating unexpected and hidden details into the invitation suite. If you have a pattern on your invitation, it is always fun to hide your initials in the pattern! Do not use your married monogram yet – use your first name initials (it is etiquette-proof)! You’ll be surprised by how many of your guests will love and notice these small surprises.
2. Similar Interests? Do you and your fiancé share a mutual love of food, running or music?If so, let it show in your paper! One couple had golf clubs and golf balls hidden in the border of their wedding invitation. If you love food and wine consider backing your invitation in real cork! Or showcase your pet under the reply envelope flap…
3. Customize your postage stamps! Don’t forget that the first thing your guests will see when opening your save-the-date or invitation is the envelope. Create custom postage stamps that compliment the invitation design or use vintage stamps that represent you as a couple or your wedding location.
4. Use your venue/location as inspiration! Whether you are getting married in Vermont, Las Vegas, or on the beach in the Hamptons, use your location and its unique details to help inspire your wedding stationery. Check out the barn invitation for a Vermont wedding and the library reception card for a wedding at the Boston Public Library!
5. Embrace your favorite color! Many brides and grooms shy away from color in their invitation suite because it feels less “traditional.” However, you can most definitely incorporate pops of color even if you want your invitation set to feel formal and traditional. Incorporate your favorite color in more-subtle ways such as a colored reception card or hand painted edging on the invitation.
Do not be afraid to tell your stationer about you as a couple. The more info we know the more we can help create the perfect stationery suite for you!